Institute of Agrophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences
Mission and strategy for 2020 – 2030
Agriculture contributes to ensuring food security by providing plant raw materials for food production. They also play an important role in circular bioeconomy by offering a viable alternative to fossil fuels. In addition, soil and agricultural plants are places of organic carbon sequestration.
The Institute’s mission is to conduct research for the sustainable production of agricultural plant raw materials in order to ensure food security and mitigate adverse environmental and climate changes.
Primary strategic objectives
The Institute’s research objects are:
- Plant and plant raw material of agricultural origin.
- Soil and plant microorganisms.
- Atmosphere and greenhouse gases.
The Institute’s primary strategic objectives are:
- Ensuring proper conditions for the cultivation of agricultural plants.
- Ensuring high quality food of plant origin.
- Mitigating the effects of climate change.
- Developing circular bioeconomy.
Major social and economic issues which are the subject of the Institute’s mission and strategic objectives, have their source in physical, chemical and biological processes on a molecular scale. Therefore, the implementation of strategic objectives involves studying the phenomena occurring in the soil-plant-atmosphere system on a molecular to macroscopic scale with the use of knowledge from various disciplines of agricultural and natural sciences.
The strategic objectives of the Institute are implemented through:
- Interdisciplinary research and development.
- Building the Institute’s scientific potential by providing scientists with good career opportunities.
- Cooperating with public and private sector entities.
- Publishing research results in scientific journals.
- Legal protection of inventions and their commercialization.
- Dissemination of research results and communication with the public.